Valutazione discussione:
  • 0 voto(i) - 0 media

NZ Brewer - Moving to Bologna

Ciao,
I'm a very keen brewer moving to Italy from New Zealand in 10 days time. I am moving to Bologna and will be shipping most of my gear including 3 x 19L kegs, 3 x 32L Pots, mash tun, copper cooler, fermenters, taps etc. I have a few questions about brewing in Italy so any help would be much appreciated. My girlfriend is italian so reply in italian if it is easier.

Do you use gas (LPG) bottles and burners and is it easy to buy?

Where/how can you buy CO2 gas for kegs? Is it expensive?

Is there any local home brewing shops/groups in Bologna?

Thank you very much!
Cita messaggio

Ciao,
Sono un birraio molto appassionato e mi trasferiro' in Italia dalla Nuova Zelanda in 10 giorni. Vivro' a Bologna e sto per spedire la maggior parte della mia attrezzatura di cui 3 x 19L fusti, 3 x 32L Pentole, mash tun, dispositivo di raffreddamento in rame, fermentatori, rubinetti ecc ho qualche domanda sulla birra in Italia, quindi ogni aiuto sarebbe molto apprezzato. La mia ragazza è italiana quindi rispondete pure in italiano se è più facile.

Usate delle bottiglie a gas (GPL) ed e' facile comprare un fornello?

Dove / come si fa a comprare il gas CO2 per fusti? E 'costoso?

C'è qualche birra locali negozi home / gruppi a Bologna?

Grazie mille!
Cita messaggio

Welcome to Italy Skptic,

yes we use GPL bottles, easy to find. When you will be in Bologna you will find without problems local store that sell GPL.
It's also easy to find burners too, I bought two last month using ebay.it.
I don't know if it's easy to find co2 in Bologna (I guess it is) but in the Mr Malt shop or again in ebay you can buy it without problem.
I live in Rome I can't answer to the last question about beer shop, maybe someone else in the forum will do.
Welcome to Italy again I hope you ejoy Italy and sorry for my english cacio e pepe.....

Lollo

"Esplorai le religioni e l'alcol: trovai in quest'ultimo maggiori speranze di consolazione duratura"

"Odio la guerra, detesto gli eserciti, amo combattere"

Cita messaggio

Welcome!
In bologna there is a shop/pub well stocked with beers called "www.birrotecalatanadelluppolo.it". It's also supplier of Mr.Malt products! Birra07
Cita messaggio

ciao e ben venuto,qui' c'è piu' o meno tutto,se vieni dalla Nuova Zelanda portati i luppoli da casa che qui tira una brutta aria...
Cita messaggio

Piante di luppolo, così ce lo coltiviamo Tongue

L'uso moderato e continuo della birra artigianale è considerata, da uno studio universitario, un ottimo anticancerogeno.
Cita messaggio

Hello Skptic welcome in Italy Birra02 , we will be happy to have advice from you

Aggiornamento impianto in corso
Installazione componenti BacBrewing
Cita messaggio

(21-05-2012, 04:49 )skptic Ha scritto:  Ciao,
I'm a very keen brewer moving to Italy from New Zealand in 10 days time. I am moving to Bologna and will be shipping most of my gear including 3 x 19L kegs, 3 x 32L Pots, mash tun, copper cooler, fermenters, taps etc. I have a few questions about brewing in Italy so any help would be much appreciated. My girlfriend is italian so reply in italian if it is easier.

Do you use gas (LPG) bottles and burners and is it easy to buy?

Where/how can you buy CO2 gas for kegs? Is it expensive?

Is there any local home brewing shops/groups in Bologna?

Thank you very much!

ciao, the guys answered you well. It's pretty simple to find all the equipments in Italy. I think that it's useless and expensive to ship all your stuff but if you are nostalgic do it, i can understand you.
For the ingredients is better to buy them online. You are in (or on?) the forum of the biggest italian shop Mr.Malt. just bring with you some rhizomes of your amazing hops, here you just can find european's and american's rhizomes (many of us cultivate them).
we are happy to meet you and for sure we can learn from your experience.
share with us recipes and knowledges.

ps
did you read our rules?

pps
yes i know, my english is the best one you have ever read Big Grin
saluti anche alla fidanzata.

Buttate i gorgogliatori e prendete i densimetri!!!!
Cita messaggio

First, thank you very much for the warm welcome and words of support.

It sounds like there is a very good community of brewers which is good.

I think I will ship my all grain equipment as I have made some of it by myself, for example my mash tun. See photos here: http://imgur.com/a/MaiPr

I will keep looking at the forums and maybe help out when my Italian is better!

Alla tua! Birra02
Cita messaggio

You're welcome Skptic,

We hope you will enjoy Italy, and don't worry, italian homebrewing community it's getting stronger.
In Italy you will find also beautifull beer too made by professional brewers.
See you

Lollo

"Esplorai le religioni e l'alcol: trovai in quest'ultimo maggiori speranze di consolazione duratura"

"Odio la guerra, detesto gli eserciti, amo combattere"

Cita messaggio